Well it's been quite a day today. When Bob left for work he said that a
storm was coming in this afternoon so if I needed to run errands I should go early. I got up at 8:30 and it had already started snowing. I thought "Oh no!" I really needed to finish up my shopping so I knew that I couldn't let a little snow hold me back. This snow was different today, mostly we have had these little tiny snow flakes that have been pretty think but it hasn't been that bad. Today they were fat wet snowflakes. I was determined to go, but I didn't want to go out there by myself, so I woke up Heather and she came out with me. We brushed off the van and we were off. We managed to make it around to all of the places we needed to go.
When we got back to our little street the snow was a foot deep on the street and I got stuck trying to park my van by our curb. Luckily our neighbors the Balsers were out and they came over to help push us out. Mrs Balser is Heather's adviser in young womens and she suggested that I clear a spot to park in and then clear a pathe for me to drive into it from the center of the road where it was packed down and driven on. We did this and Heather and everyone pushed and I was able to drive into the spot...well kind of, I was three feet from the curb
After we unloaded the van Heather and I shoveled the drive way and sidewalk, this is very hard and tiring work. We had to borrow another shovel so that we could both work on it together. Then I had to clear around the van and make a spot for Bob's parents to park their van. So we shoveled snow from the street to our cleared sidewalk and then we cleared the sidewalk again.
The snow is so high that you can't even see the sheep anymore. Baby Jesus is almost entirely covered. One of our candy canes became a casualty... Bob thinks that he tossed a chuck of ice at it too hard.
Heather stood in the back yard to show how high the snow is there. You can also see it on the platform to the slide (that was empty of snow when I went to bed last night)
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment