CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meet My New Friend

This is my new friend snow shovel. I am not very happy with our new relationship as it involves sweating in the snow in a coat and hat with gloves that slide on the handle. Bob told me that I would need to take a turn shoveling and I am okay with that...really. He didn't tell me the game plan for where to put the snow...it has to go somewhere and I didn't think that shoving to the end of the driveway would be a very good idea.
To me this is an exercise in futility. I wanted to wait until the snow finished falling before going out to attempt to clear it away. Bobs mom said that the longer I waited the heavier the snow would be to move. She also said that it would be hard to get it off after people walked on it.

If it's hard to get it off after a human person of average size walks on it...how hard is it after say something larger like a mini-van drives in it?

You can still see the tire tracks and the footprints down the drive. I was still in a quandary on where to put the snow, thank heavens for neighbors...a couple of them came out to shovel their driveways and I was able to copy a few of their techniques. I ended up throwing a lot of it in the yard and over on the small shrubs and ground cover to the side.
I am making a note for next year that having Christmas lights on the border of the yard looks really good but it adds extra aggravation when you have to toss the heavy shovel full of snow over them.
Thankfully my brother in law Ben came over to drop Ashton off and he finished off the bottom of the driveway and the sidewalk. After an hour I was getting pretty tired of shoveling.
I am also glad that I took Bobs dads advice and moved the minivan to the carport while Bob is out of town. Now if I need to go somewhere I will not have to clear snow off of the windows.

The last time I looked the sun was out and sparkling on the snow. Very pretty. I also saw something that I hadn't seen in Vancouver...it was a snow plow and it came down our street with sand. We don't even live on a busy street.


0 comments: