Today was my baking day and Ashton was being such a big helper. I couldn't convince him that it would be more fun to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or anything.
He has his own silverware putting away style. He had to be careful to not hit his head on the drawer.
I had to do a little adjusting in the drawer after he was done. He started out matching forks to forks and spoons to spoons, then he got in a hurry to wash off the counter and ended up just putting them anywhere.
Little arms sometimes have a hard time reaching...
So he just crawled on the counter to reach.
He wanted to be sure that there was room in the cookie jar for any cookies that we baked.
He did a very nice job setting out the cooling racks for the cookies.
Here he is making faces in the shiny mixing bowl, he is also licking the edge of the counter. I had to ask him to stop doing that.
I don't have any pictures of the end results. I was trying to make a fancy cookie from a Martha Stewart magazine. I don't know why I try, I'm sure that my eggs were not room temp and I probably whipped the eggs too long (I whipped them for as long as the recipe said to). Needless to say my end result did not look like the magazine and I will probably not be sending them out to anyone. I have two more cookies from that magazine that I want to try, I'll let you know how it goes.
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



3 comments:
Ashton is getting so big. He is very cute and helpful too. I am so glad you have him in your life Dani. Way to go Ashton. I like your method too. I tend to be in a hurry and my silverware drawer looks very similar at times. Don't worry about the cookies it is the thought that counts. Try again later, practice makes perfect.
...and as long as her practice cookies taste OK, I'll help her get rid of the evidence if they don't meet her high standards. ;-)
Are you kidding me! Three year olds are a pain in the BLEEP! Just kidding...well maybe not, but he is so big to help you. He is surely a cutie pie. Most everything you do turns out right, so don't sweat it if you have an occassional flop.
Post a Comment