Yesterday Heather went with a couple of her friends out to Aunt Kathi's ranch to scope out the good places for her and her friends to take pictures with their dates for Sadies. Here is Heather riding one of the horses, its a good thing she has been on a horse before. I think that she looks pretty confident and will be able to encourage confidence in her friends that may not have been riding before.
Later today she will be working on her creative way to ask her date. We got her a little mini hay bale and she is going to make a little flag/banner to put in it that says "Hay ____! Will you go to Sadies with me? She will be giving this to him on Monday. More details and pictures to follow.
Her group of friends are pretty creative, some of them (like Heather) cannot afford to go to the actual dance at the school so they are going to go out to Aunt Kathi's in the daytime and ride horses and take pictures. They will have Subway sandwiches as a picnic lunch. Then they will go to their various houses and get dressed for a dance. They have decided to reserve the gym at one of the chapels here and have their own mini dance/Sadies party. I am evidently providing the chili and cornbread dinner for 14 friends. Bob and I will stay around as chaperones for their fun night. Bob and I are also trying to find a way to use my creative memories software to make prints of the pictures for the friends who want them as part of their night to remember.
Now all we have to find is a pair of cowboy boots for Heather.
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



1 comments:
How fun!
I remember Sadies is the first ever date that I went on, let alone school dance (Besides the cheesy junior high ones that don't count because everyone just goes, no dates).
I had just turned 16 a few weeks before (this was my sophomore year). Tons of fun memories, I love school dances!
I have a great book about creative ways to ask and answer dates. It's called "The Dance Book" I'll have to find it and let you guys have it, it's really fun!
Post a Comment