If you can only read one book this holiday I recommend this one by Glenn Beck. It's called The Christmas Sweater and it is sooo good! I started last night and I am half way through. Here is a excerpt from the book:
"He was quiet a few moments as he collected himself. When he spoke again, his voice was soft. "When I showed you all of this work the other day, I said 'we' were going to build a new chicken coop. I didn't say 'I,' and I certainly didn't say 'you'. I never intended for you to do all this work yourself. You just assumed it. When I offered to help, you told me 'not to bother.' If you remember correctly, that is the first time I asked you to let me know when you were done. I didn't mean done with the chore, I meant to let me know when you were done moping around. When are you going to be done feeling sorry for yourself? Done thinking that the world is against you?
"The world isn't against you, Eddie," he continued. "You are against you. You have to realize that no one is meant to carry the load alone. We're all in this together. Once you realize that you can ask for help, your whole world will change."
I feel changed by what I have read already. I think that I have been moping around feeling like I can't get into the Christmas spirit, I see now that Christmas will be as merry as I make it. It may be different from any other Christmas I have enjoyed... if I want it to be it will be the best Christmas ever. This may be the Christmas that I get to offer more service to those around me and have more of the meaningful true Christmas spirit moments that the Savior wants for me. Maybe, just maybe if I let Him the Savior will orchestrate the most beautiful Christmas that I have ever had. He could do it for you too, will you let Him?
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment