CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Have Completed My First KCK One Diaper!

Now I just need to finish 23 more! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There are a couple of things that I will do to tweak my technique but other than that I was really surprised.






I was able to put in a welt pocket no problems, then I added the velcro.












I pinned the layers together. I was concerned about how easily the white inner fabric stretched.












I had to use tissue paper to keep my foot from sticking to the waterproof PUL fabric.












This went together really well on the first try too!


I was worried about how the elastic would go on, I was pleasantly surprised.














I put the last velcro pieces on then I top stitched around the entire diaper.



Devon was over for dinner and he demonstrated how to use the diaper. Wow! On the first try too. But then Devon is exceptional!




1 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! It looks soooooo good! Thanks so much!
It really looks so professional!
I can't wait to use them!

The next time we're down there, I need to use your serger so I can finish the inserts for the diapers.
It will probably be not too long after the baby is born.