CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This One is for my Brother Lance

I have a new favorite book. Its a picture book and it reminds me of my brother Lance. I think that everyone should check it out from their local library. It is by Julia Donaldson, I think that Axel Scheffler who created the pictures captured Lance, quite by accident. The inside book flap says this:
"What do you get when you take the scruffiest giant in town and buy him: a spiffy shirt, a spiffy pair of pants, a spiffy belt, a spiffy striped tie, some spiffy socks, and a pair of spiffy, shiny shoes?

Why, the spiffiest giant in town, of course!

And when some animals need his help, George quickly proves that he is also the kindest giant in town. From the popular creators of The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom, here is a fun-filled read-aloud that reminds us that having a giant-sized heart is even more rewarding than being the spiffiest giant in town."

I hope that you all get a chance to read this engaging book. Ashton loved it, I had to read it twice in a row. I am thinking about adding this book to my own collection.

1 comments:

becki said...

I'll have to check and see if they have that book at the Ledding Library. He does resemble Lance.