CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Preference!!!!

The morning of Preference dawned bright and early (especially for Heather because she was out late watching a movie and playing games at a friends house). The night before Preference all of her friends even the ones who weren't going to the dance wanted to hang out together. The plan was to go bowling but they forgot that Friday night is league night. Never fear this gang knows how to improvise, it helps if you have a friend who has a really cool game room. It was a really fun night.

When she did get up we selected her day-date outfit. Here it is...she looks great, she is even wearing a little bit of make-up. At 12:30 she was off to her friend Shauntyl's house to finish the last minute preparations. By 1:15 they were all at the mall having their scavenger hunt, Shauntyl and Trevor were the big winners. Heather and her date Michael Bronson finished up quickly so they could eat Subway. They split a $5 foot long BLT (yum!), three cookies and a large soda. Heather said that they had good fun trash talking the other teams about not winning (it would be good to remember here that their team did not win but came in second).

Part of the "day-date" was that the guys were in charge of making the girls' corsages and the girls made boutonnieres for the guys. Trevor showed all of the guys how to make flowers out of duct tape. (When Heather told me about this I thought Wow! that is really weird. I wasn't sure that it would look good at all. But it turned out really awesome!) The girls used silk flowers and some random smallish white flower to make boutonnieres for the guys. I think that you will agree when you look further down at the pictures that this was an extremely fun idea.

Here is the boutonnier that Heather made for Mick. She said that she needed a little bit of help from Shauntyl's Mom but other than that she had a good experience.

Heather calls in a change of plans to Mick's voicemail. Mick wanted Heather to meet his mom and dad so we needed to go pick him up and there wasn't enough time before everyone was set to arrive, 30 minutes is not enought time to get ready...so she made the call requesting more time.

Heather is all ready for her hair and make-up team (Dani) to fix her up.

I told her that she should pick through her hair first so that I didn't hurt her when I put all of the many hair products in. There were a lot to get Heather's hair to have that bouncy just got a perm look.

Voila, here she is all ready to put on her fancy dress and go off to the ball.


Drum roll please... Ta-da! Here she is Miss America (I'm probably prejudiced though)! I think that she looks like a princess. I think that she felt really pretty too.Like I said a princess, can I get a tiarra please?

Mick puts his lovely black and silver corsage on Heather's wrist. I will have to put a close up picture of it in a later post. The Band that it is attached to is a hair-tie with a black chiffon bow. I know it sounds weird but it looks great! Heather says pretty!

Heather had a hard time trying to get the corsage pin to go through the flower. I probably should have had her practice a little bit before hand, I think that we all remember the first time that we had this experince and it can be a little unnerving. They all joked about Heather stabbing him in the heart with the pin, Mick said it's okay because he's a vampire (Twilight?)

Heather said that her cheeks hurt from so much smiling. Her mom (Seaneen) was able to come over and snap some pictures.

I asked Heather while she was getting ready if her date was cute and she said "sort of", I think that she just didn't want to tell me the truth because then I'd never let her hear the end of it. They are just really good friends but they do look very cute together. It's great to see two young people smiling all the way to their eyes.

This is the whole group, Shauntyl, Trevor, Heather (the star), Michael (Mick), Natasha and Andrew. It was Natasha and Andrews first dance. Natasha is Shauntyl's sister.

This is one of my favorite shots of Heather. I can't believe that our baby is old enough to go out to a fancy school ball. She just gets prettier by the day and more confident in herself. i am really proud of her for having this experience.

Heather and Mick clown around like they are trying to get a truckdriver to honk it's horn. You can really see Heathers true personallity in this shot.

After pictures they all went to Shauntyl's where they had Subway for dinner. It was another BLT for Heather and Mick. When they finished dinner they played "What's yours like?", which is a game that Heather assures me is very fun. In fact she reccommends it to anyone who wants to have fun.

By 8pm they were ready to go to the dance. There wasn't enough room in the car so Mick was going to walk (luckily Shauntyl lives close to the school) Heather jumped out of the car (not while it was moving this isn't a comic book story - it's a fairy tale :)) so that she could walk with him. Trevor continued on to the school dropped the rest of them off then came back for Heather and Mick.

The theme of the dance was "You Are My Heaven", there were silver stars and white balloons all over the place. Heather and Mick danced three slow dances together. She said that there were other random fast dances that they all danced together. She did have one dance with Trevor. Mick took random funny pictures and they all had a good time. Trevor and Mick stole all of the giant stars from the wall and stuck them on Shauntyl and Heather ( I told you Heather was a star).

By 11pm Heather was home (this is her normal curfew). The group was going to watch a movie together but she thought that she needed to come home. After she changed her friends texted her asking for her to come and watch the movie so we gave her a curfew exception and she stayed out til 2 am watching Transformers with the group. I would say that she had a very fun time. She even got a goodnight hug at the door. What a fun time for Heather.



Here is a very informative video of Heather answering pressing questions about her thoughts about Preference. Heather says please don't watch (she doesn't know that by saying this everyone will watch it anyway...she is begging me to delete it but I'm not going to :) She says that I am mean, she wants to know why I am writing everything that she is saying. I'm laughing too much so I am stopping right now.

1 comments:

becki said...

Wow! She is gorgeous. I can't believe that she is getting so grown up. You are doing a great job with her!