CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

We had a really fun Valentines Party yesterday. Heather was a huge help. We planned four activities or different valentines to make. First we made chocolate lollipops. Tristan is spooning chocolate into the mold with Heather's help.

Here is Heather supervising while the kids make thier paper valentines. Their Uncle Chase came home from his mission yesterday so they made valentines to take to the airport and give to him.

Ashton cut all of his valentines into puzzle pieces. He just liked the scissors and didn't like to share them very much.

Tristan got really creative with his paper cutting and made this really cool woven valentine.

Here is Samantha in her brand new glasses. I think that she looks cute and scholarly, in other words she looks like one smart chick.

After we made paper valentines we made heart sachets. All of the kids did the sewing even Ashton helped with the needle and thread. This was a very fun activity.

The next activity was the cookie activity. Who doesn't like to frost sugar cookies and enjoy their sugary sweetness?

Ashton who helped bake all of the cookies and then had to take a nap and then wait for all of the kids to come over after school, frosted and ate one right away.

All of the kids had fun with the frosting. Adam went home with a stack of six cookies, i think he called it a cookie tower.

Samantha was going right over to a sleep over and she wanted to be sure that she had cookies to share with her friends. Tristan and Ashton also got to take plates of cookies home to share with family and friends.

We all had a really good time. I am so thankful to my mom who showed me how to do all of these activities as a child, I had such a fun time as a kid that I can't help but want to share that fun with these kids. I am also grateful to Alexis for sharing her kids with me and letting me share fun crafts with them. I love being Aunt Dani.

I also want to send a Valentines message to my family who feels so far away from me. I hope that Micah, Ryan, Renae, Arrow, Kyle, Corrin, Skylar, Faith, LaReina, Conner, and Sebastian all had fun on Valentines Day. I miss being there to do crafts and trade cookies. I really need to get better at getting things sent to them. I love all of you very much!

We are getting a pretty good snow storm right now, its actually accumulating. I made a video for you to see. The cool thing is hearing all of the birds. There are a lot of birds that stay here during the winter and they play and frolic in the snow covered trees.


0 comments: