CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, February 2, 2009

Good News!


I had a friend who lives near by test out the diaper on her little baby and the diaper passed with flying colors! Whew! That is a relief, if the fabric wasn't the problem then it was me and my sewing. I will be making more diapers in the near future. I also learned that they have diapering down to a science now, I didn't know that diapers could get a build up from laundry detergent and fabric softener. My sister in law told me that she uses Dawn dish soap on her diapers and does multiple rinse cycles to get all of the soap out. Wow! You learn something new every day!

1 comments:

Holly said...

Yay, I'm glad it passed!
I didn't know all that either until I tried out cloth diapering last May.
Usually, if anything is wrong with a cloth diaper (not absorbing, repelling, stinks after being washed, etc) then it usually needs to be stripped due to build up.

Some fabrics need to be washed multiple times to reach their full absorbancy, like the bamboo french terry inserts I'm going to make, I have to wash that fabric about 2 times before I cut and serge, then it will take until it's 8th or so wash to reach its full absorbing capacity.

I was a little disapointed when I found out I can't use fabric softener on diapers, I love fabric softener and making things extra soft, plus the nice smell.
I have to resort to a little bit of vinegar when I want some "natural" fabric softener.