Our day started out down in Salem. My sister-in-law lives in the country and this is the garden space that we are going to help take care of. It's about a 10th of an acre. we have been working on it for about 3 weeks. We finally got all of the plants and seeds in the ground today.
Heather was a good sport even though she had a bad headache. Here she is using the back of the rake to cover some beets seeds.
We all stood around chewing the fat after the work was done.
My sister-in-law Kathi took me to the quilt show. I am so glad that I went there were a lot of cool things there. I got this wall hanging kit, it matches my bedroom.
These are all of the batiks that were in the kit. I will post pictures of the finished project.
Here is Bob smoking the ribs. It turns out that they need longer than 4 hours so we ended up putting them on the grill for the last little bit so they would get done. We also made the BBQ chicken in the dutch ovens.
Bob was made king for the day and his mom revamped the old king cole poem for him.
This was a day of celebration for all of the May birthdays. Bob's parents brought a balloon for each person but they were all tangled together so Bob released them, it was decided that they would be sent to Bob's sister Heather who passed away and is in heaven.
I think Bob's brother David shouted out for Heather to catch them.
There were a lot of kids over. Here they are having a paint stick stirrer fight. Bob's mom confiscated sticks if they were used to smack people. I think that everyone had a really fun time. My feet are killing me, I will be happy to go to bed tonight.
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment