CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Elevator Speech

Here is an assignment that I will be turning in for my Gen105 course. Maybe I will post a picture of what a look like going to school on a typical day, but then again maybe I won't because on a typical day I might still be in my jammies.
I am having so much fun, why did I wait so long?!?

I am so excited! I have started taking classes at Axia College, University of Phoenix. I am finally going to be able to get my teaching degree. You might be wondering how a busy full time mother could possibly fit going to school into my schedule. It’s really easy and it’s all online. My classroom is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week so I can participate when it is convenient to me. It’s all on my time schedule I can work during the kids’ nap time or while I wait for the bread to rise. I am able to continue doing all of the things that I like to do or need to do.

Each class has several forums that I can get information from and submit my assignments to. There is the main forum where discussion questions are posted for the class to review and reply to. Through threaded discussions we share our ideas and learn from one another.

There is a chat forum where I can communicate with my classmates in a more casual setting. On my first day I posted my autobiography and was able to read autobiographies posted by my classmates. This really helped me to get a feel for who they are as people; it helps me to understand where they are coming from through their comments.

The materials forum is where I can find links to online reading assignments. This is really convenient I just click the link and go right to my assigned reading.

I even have an individual forum where I can receive one on one help from my instructor.

The best thing about it is that I can work at things at my own pace. I sign into my classes three out of seven days and participate in the threaded discussions. This is an important part of my participation grade. It is called asynchronous communication because my classmates and I may not be signed in at the same time. We leave feedback for each other and can respond to questions posted by our instructor. I really like this because it allows me to receive information from my classmates as well as give them constructive feedback.

I would recommend this course of learning for anyone who feels that they are too busy to pursue their education. By attending Axia College, University of Phoenix I will be able to maintain my busy family life and realize a lifelong dream.


0 comments: