CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Day on the Farm!

Bob took turns with Jack tilling the second garden area. This is mainly going to be corn. Kathi found sweet red corn seeds so we are planting them at the back and then yellow in front. We think that the wind will blow in such a way that we will have red and yellow kernels on the same cob.

Tyler uses the rake to cover a row that has been seeded.

Shiloh plants the seeds in the furrows.

She is so happy to be helping. I promised all of the kids that helped that we would make cookies for a treat when we were done.

Tyler was a very good helper. He mostly just got right to what he was asked to do.

Here are the chickens right out of the brood box and stretching their legs in phase one of the coop. Bob helped Jack build it.

Hunter and Libby helped to bring the chickens from the brooder box in the garage.

I forgot to get a picture of me holding one of the chickens. Libby went into try to catch one. She didn't have gloves on so she hopped back out.

Hunter wanted to try to catch his chicken Chicky-poo. He got her over to the corner and grabbed her. He is the official chicken wrangler at their house.

I did it I held a chicken! I am getting more countrified all the time. Bob and I have even been talking about what our next step will be when our lease is up in a year. We might move out to Lehi, that is a little closer to his work and they have some nice rural-like areas. I will still be close enough to a Wal-mart so that would be fine with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Move to Lehi! The drivers are slightly less dangerous here. : )

123 said...

awww! that's soooo cute!
-Siarra Spruill