CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Cake Day 1

Hooray! It's cake baking day! I have purchased all of my pans and all of the cake mixes. I know it's kind of a goofy self taken picture.

My pans are all prepped with parchment paper.

I had no idea that it would take three cake mixes to make the 10" layers. There are 6 cups of batter in each pan! Wow!


It took 2 mixes to make the 8" layers, three cups in each pan. It took one mix plus 3/4 cup of the leftover yellow cake mix to fill the 6" layers, two cups in each pan.


Here they are cooling. I don't know what happened to the yellow cakes. They sunk in the middle. I hope that I can figure out what the problem is before I need to make the real deal.


I used my new cake leveler to level my layers. It worked out pretty well. It was hard to get the wire to go through the crusty/chewy outside of the layers.


All wrapped up and ready to go in the freezer. This has been quite a process today.


All ready for an overnight stay in the freezer. I will post pictures of the frosted cake tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Bri... only she said...

mmmm.... can't wait to see the real thing! Send us a piece... well, a picture of a piece. he he

Love you!

Bri Z.