Happy New Year! This is a trip back through time to catch up on my slack blogging! I totally forgot that I bought sparkling cider to celebrate the new year. Bob is goofing off pretending to rip the bottle cap off with his teeth. This is at noon on new years day.
We got up and made pancakes for all of the kids on new years morning. Bob is whipping up some batter.
Abby-dabby-doo!
The table was crowded with kids eating pancakes!
Tristan and Hunter.
Adam and Tyler sat on the tall stools at the counter.
Banging pots to celebrate the New Year!
It was cold outside so we didn't stay out too long.
There were a lot of kids spread out on the family room floor watching movies.
Sammy fell asleep during the second movie.
Heather had babysat Ben's kids all day, so she retreated to her room for some peace and quiet.
We played games after dinner. Libby, Sammy, Hunter and Ashton playing Animal Soup.
Uncle Bob played Snorta with Adam, Tyler and Tristan.
After dinner Shiloh, Libby and Sammy played with Barbies in the living room. They are having a tea party.
I supervised a game of Uno Moo with Hannah, Abby, Hunter and Ashton.
Monday the 29th we were in St. George and took a picture in front of the St George temple.
The reason that we were so far south was for Heather to tour Southern Utah University. Heather really wants to go to this school. She will be doing all that she can to get scholarships so that this can happen. She got a t-shirt and we took her picture at the bell tower. She will only walk under it twice as a student once as a Freshman and then again when she graduates.
On Christmas Night we invited Ben and the kids to come over for dinner. After dinner they opened gifts that Santa left at our house.
Adam and Tristan got Legos.
Sammy got a Liv doll and Ashton got a Handy Manny book.
In the late morning Andy, Brian and Heather joined us. Heather was excited to get the curved shower rod that she wanted.
Andy got slacks, shirts and socks.
Brian got the bracket to mount his t.v.
This is the quilt that we made for Simon. Heather really liked the bright colors.
Heather got tons of footie socks. I don't think that she could have too many.
Here she is wearing the sparkly package ties.
My sister Becki had her kids make this awesome turkey platter for us. It is truly one of a kind and was made with love.
Would it be Christmas with out a new basketball and ball return?
Bob got the book that he wanted by his favorite celebrity Glenn Beck.
Becki also sent this great plaque about choosing the right. She told me that she has one hanging in her house too and when she sees it she thinks about us. I think that we will always think about her when we see it hanging in our house.
Another shot with the socks. That is a genuine smile. Heather is ecstatic!
This is a great meat thermometer! The Canty/Bless family gave to Bob. He will be able to put it to good use when he is smoking meat in the smoker that he got for Father's Day.The Canty/Bless family gave Heather these great jammies. She put them on immediately.
Bob with the Santa hat doling out the gifts!
Look Santa has been here!
The Stocking are full!
I am such a mean mom, I insisted that we finish our gift for Simon before we open presents. I think that it turned out great!
On Christmas Eve we invited Bob's mother Winnie (Nana) over for dinner. Brian and Heather join her for a picture by the Christmas tree.
Here is Bob clipping the rag quilt that we made for Heather. My school schedule was so tight that I didn't get to start on it early so I had to sew it right in front of her.
Day one of the sailboat quilt. Heather Rose did all of the pressing, while I did the sewing. We are a great team!
Heather and her friend Lacey make the peanut butter ball recipe that Aunt Ami found on the Fanily Fun website. Yummmmm!
Chocolate nut drops!
Divinity Fail!!!!!
Someone that I know sent me ornaments for my tree. Here are Arrow and Skylar's.
LaReina.
Sebastian, Ryan and Faith.
The finished tree! I always love the tree and all of the ornaments that bring back such fond memories.
Heather and Bob put up the tree, fluffed it and put on the lights and garland.
This is the picture that Heather took right after I got my hair cut short. I love it! It is sooo easy to take care of.
Well I think that that catches up everything. I am sorry that I have been such a big blog slacker, I am making a resolution to post some item to the blog weekly so that my family doesn't feel disconnected. Happy New Year!
Pink Poinsettia
1 day ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment