CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Weekend in the Pacific Northwest

After they picked me up from the airport we tried to go to the Oregon Zoo but the newest exhibit was opening for members and we could not find a parking spot. We decided to have a picnic in the park instead. Renae climbed up the bank to stand by a tree for a picture. Her hair looks like a golden halo.

Then Corrin joined her for a picture. She had been riding her scooter around the park.

Micah showed me a lot of the tricks that he can do on his bike.

Kyle got into the picture with his sisters.

The next day I went to the Oregon coast with my mom and sisters. My mom didn't know that I was coming it was a big surprise. Ami after a delicious lunch at Moe's.

Becki after lunch. Going to Moe's is our first stop. It's a tradition to eat lunch there before we go to the Christmas Shop to buy ornaments for Christmas.

Becki asked this guy "Excuse me sir, do you know how to operate a camera?" He took our picture above the beach access at Moe's.

After we agonized over the ornaments and made all of our selections we headed over to the outlet stores. Out of all of the baby stores there Carter's had the cutest things for baby. We are picking out clothes for Brian and Heather's baby. Yes, I will be a grandma and it is going to be a little boy! Hurray!

We all really liked the cute monkeys on the outfits. They also had some cute bears and dinosaurs.

Sometimes we like to take a couple of crazy pictures. I am like my mom someone says make a crazy face and I just make my normal one!

The tide was in and things were really over cast so we didn't go exploring on the beach. We had spent so much time shopping that it was about time for dinner and to get out on the road home. When the tide is out we like to look for shells and rocks on the shore. It was a really great day. It was good to feel the cool salty air and be with my mom and sisters.

Renae and Roxy watching Rock Band.

We didn't get home from the beach until 9:30 or so. Michael and the kids had gotten the new Beatles Rock Band. So we all stayed up to play it.


I think that we were up until almost 1 am playing Rock Band.


On Sunday we went and got Chris to come over and play with us for awhile. If I could we would get Beatles Rock Band to play with after family dinners. It was a lot of fun to play. It is something that even people who are challenged in their hand eye coordination can play. You don't have to be a good singer just know how to modulate your voice and project.

We got together at mom's for strawberry shortcake Sunday afternoon. It was really good to see everyone. Monday I just relaxed with my sister Ami. Then I flew home. It was a very nice trip.

0 comments: