CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Big Road Trip

HeeBee and I are ready to leave for the pacific northwest. We woke up to snow, about four inches. Bob shoveled and brushed things off so that we could get off on the road. We picked up Heather around 6am. The snow went away once we got out of Utah. We ran out of washer fluid and had to stop at a Target in Twin Falls to get some more. I think that we got into town around 7:30.

I accidentally got locked out of Mardi and Jared's house on Tuesday morning. I had to go to the neighbors for help. Jared had to come home and let me in. I finally made it over to my moms house and found out that Lance got this awesome new jeep for $200! What a great deal. He took me and my mom to lunch at chopsticks express.

This is the profile picture that we used for my mom's blogger account. I helped her get things all set up. We got to go shopping and hang out together. It was so much fun, this was the only day that I had all to myself to do whatever I wanted.

Conner opened his birthday present and listened while mommy read to him.

Wednesday morning we got up and made the wedding cake. Conner was a big helper. He greased and floured pans and ran the mixer to make the batter. I love making cake with Conner!

We also got to make a pom pom craft together. Look at this great frog! We also made a fish like nemo that his dad called lefty because his left eye wiggled all over the place.

On Thursday we visited the Allgoods. Corrin opened her birthday present while Conner watched.

Then it was Kyles turn. He is the hardest kid to get in front of the camera so you will notice that I only have a couple of pictures of him.

Here is Renae after she opened her birthday present. She also played her flute for me and Uncle Bob.

Micah with his birthday present. Uncle Bob told him about this book series. All of our sons have loved reading it.

This is Roxy their dog. She is sporting her raincoat for the picture. She liked to hide the wrapping paper in her dog bed and rip it to shreds.

Friday was the big day... the main reason for the trip. Her we are setting up the pavilion for the wedding and reception. We have most of the groomsmen and Devon here doing the heavy lifting and moving.

I think that we touched and moved just about every table in the joint.

Robert came in from California for the wedding. He was a big help setting up and would do all of the high reaching.

Andy and Scott arrived and they also helped out with the decorating that was way over my head. Andy isn't necessarily tall but he was will to climb up into high places.

Robert cleaning the grill to get it ready for hotdogs.

It was so cold! My frosting didn't want to come out of the icing bag. My hands were shaking with the effort of sqeezing it out. I was relieved when I finally finished it/

Here it is with all of the flowers on it. I am really happy with how it turned out. Someone asked if I would ever make another one. I said for any of our other kids yes, but not for just anybody. It was worth the effort though and seeing how happy Heather was with it is indescribable!

Here are the happy couple. It was rainy and cold. They will definitely have stories to tell about their big day!

This is a fun shot. I wish that the weather had been better so that some of the pictures could have been taken out in the pretty park.

This is one of my favorite shots of Heather. I think that she looks radiant. What a beautiful bride. I am so happy to have her for a daughter-in-law.

I would have to say that this is my favorite shot of the day. I think that it is just a sweet and tender shot.

This is my favorite one of our HeeBee blowing her brother a kiss with all of the other brides maids. Bob just happened to get in close on them.

There were some other just fun shots... all of the guys holding Heather.

All of the girls holding Brian.

Here is Chris offering a very sincere and heartfelt toast to the Bride and Groom.

Saturday morning Heather and Conner played with the DS.


Uncle Bob took a nap in the chair so Heather and Conner climbed mount Bob. Conner is pretending that he is asleep.

My sister Mardi watches the antics.

Heather told Conner about my ticklish feet so he quickly wrestled my socks off and tickled me till I couldn't stand it.

Later we went to Becki's to have ham dinner and hunt for Easter eggs. I tried to get in on the hunt but they told me I would have to stay on my knees the whole time and I didn't think that they would hold out that long. Renae and Kyle thought that it was pretty funny.

Grandma helps Skylar, Faith and LaReina count up their eggs. I can't remember who the big winner was, I know that everyone got a prize.

Kyle counts up his eggs.

Heather's treat was getting to drive Uncle Lances Jeep. Heather really wants a jeep so it was a nice thing for Lance to let her drive his.

I asked Lance if he had gray hair after driving with Heather and he said no that she is a pretty good driver. It's just me that gets gray hair.

Corrin has a big smile on her face after getting her Easter basket from Grandma.

Micah made plans to have Heather go out and toss his nerf torpedo ball thingy around with him.

Renae is all smiles. She made Easter cards for everyone, it's a holiday tradition!

Sebastian and I had so much fun playing with the foam dart shooters. It was so nice to speand time with him. The last time I was there he was kind of shy and didn't really know what to make of Aunt Dani. He has a really sweet disposition and he is getting really good at talking. He just chattered away to me.

Faith and Skylar also had a lot to tell me and they had fun shooting the foam darts to me. We played for a very long time.

Conner got a T-Rex stuffed dino he said that his name is soft t-rex. I asked him if it was Conner Saurus Rex he said no, I'm Conner Saurus Rex.

Sebastian got a Spiderman sticker book for his birthday. He really likes Spiderman.

LaReina was still shy around me and I didn't get to talk to her as much as I would have liked. She was also very busy playing out side with her finger fairy kite.

Faith got a book about Princess Bess for her birthday. Her Mom says that they like to have mommy read to them.

Here is Skylar with her birthday present. I can't believe how big all of the kids are getting. It seemed like the trip wasn't long enough. This is really just a small representation of all of the fun that we had together.

I can't wait for the summer, hopefully I will be able to make it there for the family reunion!

2 comments:

Bri... only she said...

Wow! What a fun trip!! And there's no better place to get married than the PNW (rain or shine!) he he.

The cake is absolutely gorgeous, you did such a good job! and you're right... the bride is beautiful!

So glad that you had a wonderful time!

Leenie said...

Wow!!! While reviewing all those pictures I realized how much you packed into the few days you were here. Loved seeing Lance and Heather in new Jeep. The Wedding Pictures were Awesome too. I think everyone had lots of fun. Come back soon so we can do it again