CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catching Up Again!

I really need to get back on track, it seems like my week just got away from me. Here is what we have been doing in reverse order. Last night we had family dinner, we had hoped that our new grill replacement part would be here and we would have steaks but that didn't happen. Plan B was dutch oven dinners. We made a delicious pineapple upside-down cake. This tasted great with vanilla ice cream.

Here is the main dish BBQ chicken. It was a very easy recipe, 6 strips of bacon on the bottom then add the chicken pieces. We combined cream of celery, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken soups (one can each) and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Pour the mixture over the meat and 45 minutes later, we had a Delicious dinner. We served it over rice.

Here is Bob even though he is sick and not feeling well at all out heating the charcoal and taking care of the ovens.

There is an old dog run in the back yard with a concrete slab we did our cooking right on the concrete. This is the way that I saw the camp dads do it at girls camp.

Meet Rudy the Rectangle. Ashton calls him his guy. We were out buying yarn at Michael's killer yarn sale. I think I spent most of my daycare money there. Ashton saw this free pattern and wanted me to make a guy for him. He woke up from his nap and said "did you make my guy?" I told him that it takes a little longer than two hours to make. That was Tuesday, he was very happy on Friday when I gave him his guy. He would sit by me and say "I like my guy." Then he would smash him on my face and tell me his guy was giving me a kiss.

My last big news is from Tuesday too. I am now enrolled with the University of Phoenix and will be taking courses so that I can get a degree in elementary education. It's a big step for me but its what I really want to do. I am sure that you will be hearing more about my progress here.


2 comments:

Bri... only she said...

Wow! Congrats!! That's big news! I'm so proud of you!!! Love you Dani!

Bri

Mona said...

WOW also! First of all...I would appreciate an invitation to dinner and that BBQ dish! Second, Bob doesn't look sick but dapper as usual.
And I'm in awe of your move to go back to school. That will be such an adventure (though I'm afraid we'll hear less from you on this blog!)

Love,
Mona